Tutor
15 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen is not turning on.

Pavilion G62013ax
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Yesterday I was in a hurry and it was taking a long time to shut the laptop down. So I went for a force shut down. But now when I am turning on the laptop, nothing is happening. The screen is black, nothing is coming up. I thought it's a screen problem, but the buttons are also not working. I tried the Caps lock button, Mute button, Airplane mode button, but nothing is happening. The screen is black. And nothing is coming. I waited for 10-15 mins but nothing is happening. Restarted the device quite a number of times, removed the battery and then tried to turn it on. But at the end, the problem is still there. I need it today at 3 in the afternoon. If someone can help, it will be very kind.
2 REPLIES
himanisking Tutor
Tutor
15 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The product name is Pavilion G6 2301AX.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13814 957 1437
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there! @himanisking, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand when you power on your PC you see a black screen.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Do you see the light on caps lock and num lock light blinking on your PC?

Have you tried checking with a different adapter and wall outlet?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Turn off the computer.
Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices, such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
Press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
On the Options screen, select Continue and continue to Windows 10.
If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, then press the Enter key.
Reconnect each of the peripheral devices.
After you have completed these steps, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot computer does not start issues.

I'll watch your reply!

Have a great day ahead! :)

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation