1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Some keys on the keyboard temporary stopped

hp notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

sir,

some times some keys on my HP keybord stop working for a while then they return to work normal after a while.

is that a visurs?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,403
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Some keys on the keyboard temporary stopped

Hi @ZAKOUM,

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 🙂 I understand that you require information regarding the keyboard where some keys that stopped working for a while suddenly began to work again. It will be a delight to assist you here.

A commendable job of describing the issue and very smart analysis of the issue was done before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 You are a valued HP customer and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Did this happen after a windows or software update? Do you remember?
  • Please let me know the complete operating system of the computer with the complete product or model#.

First off, there is nothing to worry about. You could run a virus scan just to be safe. If it does not pick up anything, then there is no cause for concern.

You could run a keyboard test on your computer from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Please select only the keyboard tests from the main option “Running the UEFI Component Tests” and if it passes then your computer and keyboard both work perfectly. I hope this answers your question.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation