Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectra x360 13" with Plugable USB-C dock - doesn't sleep properly

Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I also have the Plugable UD-ULTCDL with my 2016 Spectre 13", 13-W0XXX. I occassionally get the nag to use the HP charger, but it seems to work fine through the dock/USB-C. However, I have it set to never sleep when on the charger. But it instead does a complete shut-down several times per day. Sometimes it's after 15 minutes, sometimes half a day. But I lose any unsaved work when it happens. I don't know if it's shutting down, or crashing. I don't get any error message when I power it back up so it looks like it just auto shutdown.  I travel quite a bit but am less apt to have it on for 4+ hours at a time on the road. Still, I've never seen this when it wasn't on the dock.

Any ideas? Anyone else seen this?

It's otherwise fine. It's clunky on power-up because I have to open the notebook to log-in  then wait for a bunch of screen flashes before the external monitors come up. That's sloppy compaed to previous docks, but I can live with it. But I can't live with the auto-shutdown and lost work.

Thanks for your help.

sp 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16246 16226 1162 1722
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectra x360 13" with Plugable USB-C dock - doesn't sleep properly

Hey there! @steve6139, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand your laptop shuts down completely when you have set it to never sleep.

Don't worry I'd love to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Please try the steps recommended below.

a. Click Start -> in the start search field type: Device Manager, press enter.
If you are prompted for access either press continue or supply the necessary username and password.
b. When Device Manager opens, expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers category.
c. Here you will see several USB Root Hub listings, for each right-click and select Properties.
d. In the properties window, click Power Management.
e. Uncheck ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’, click OK.
Repeat the same steps for all the other USB Root Hub entries.
also
Check Power options, Advanced settings - change plan settings, change advanced power settings, USB settings, USB selective suspend setting and change to disabled.

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful day ahead! :)

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation