cancel
davidjoo_illum Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre X2 Touchscreen Firmware request (ELAN touchscreen firmware)

Spectre X2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I'm using Spectre X2 Tablet PC deattachable laptop and I'm having issue with touchscreen.

Few days ago my little brother used my PC, he ran all excutable stuffs from my external storage drive and finally, He destroyed my PC.

He installed wrong touchscreen firmware (It was for my secondary laptop which from Lenovo).

So, I can't use my touchscreen and, It never works.

I've already installed all driver listed on  support page, and tried to reset my PC, Re-install windows.. Nothing works.

Only way to I resolve it is re-installing proper Touchscreen firmware.

But there's no touchscreen firmware for Spectre X2 on support page.

Can anybody send me Touchscreen firmware for my Spectre? 

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
8121 8112 483 920
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre X2 Touchscreen Firmware request (ELAN touchscreen firmware)

Greetings @davidjoo_illum

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to use the touchscreen on your tablet PC. Don't worry, I will be glad to help you. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Are you able to use the touchscreen on the Startup menu or BIOS?

Recommend you to run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. Click here to know more. 

Once the drivers are updated, please boot the computer to BIOS or Startup menu by tapping ESC or F10 repeatedly on startup. 

Check if you are able to use the touchscreen in BIOS and touchscreen. 

If you are unable to use the touchscreen in BIOS or startup menu, please contact our phone support for the service options available for your computer. (BIOS and Startup Menu is independent of operating system/drivers)

If you are able to use touchscreen in BIOS. Recommend you to perform a system restore to a date a when the touchscreen was working fine. Click here for assistance. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation