1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The device could perform better if connected to USB 3.0

HP ProBook 450 G3 Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello  All,

I am currently trying to connect my Elgato HD60 s device to my computer but my computer and the program states that my usb ports are not 3.0. I am placing the device into both SS ports but neither have been able to properly support my device. I have updated all drivers withing the USB contstantly and even all my chipset drivers. I am still recieving the message" The device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0".  I've been lead to beleive so far that somehow my ports arent active or somewhere along the line there could still be a driver issue. I've downloaded the drivers as well for the product countless times and rebooting, to include the software. However since windows 10 and the program the device runs on have the same message im sure the issue is withing the computer. I've reached out to Intel as well and they have informed me that their drivers do not support up to windows 10 and the issue would be supported by HP. Thanks in advance 

1 REPLY 1
Level 12
11,043 11,017 575 1,638
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The device could perform better if connected to USB 3.0

Within Device Manager, do you see something like:

Capture.JPGUSB

Note the two lines mentioning "USB 3.0", and the two lines stating "USB Mass Storage Device".

Do you see something similar?

This image was captured when two identical USB memory-sticks were connected -- one into a USB 2.0 port, and one into a USB 3.0 port.  I don't see anything obvious to distinguish between the two devices.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation