Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad & keyboard

HP 15 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have a HP 15 Notebook . Product #:N5Y05UA#ABA operating on Windows 10 . Recently my touchpad and keyboard have been malfunctioning. The left mouse button has a sticky behavior. On whatever app and the desktop when the cursor is moved the whole page is highlighted as if I'm holding down the left clicker and moving it. There is also random clicks on whatever. I haven't gotten any error messages before or after the problem started. About 2 days after the it started I did a factory reset on the computer and had everything updated. The keyboard began misbehaving also with a very long delay with typing .
5 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
7878 397 975
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad & keyboard

Hi @TeneishaLakia,

Thank you for stopping by the HP Support Forums! : ) I see you are having some trouble with the touchpad on your HP Notebook.

To better help you can you please let me know the Exact model notebook you are using as I am unable to locate it with the product number you gave me.  

I will watch for your reply. 

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" up button. If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
TeneishaLakia Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad & keyboard

Model: 15-f272wm
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
7878 397 975
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad & keyboard

@TeneishaLakia,

Thank you for the quick reply. Please get started troubleshooting below:

Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)

&

TouchPad Troubleshooting

I hope this helps!

Let me know the outcome. If this resolves the issue please let others know by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" up button. If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
TeneishaLakia Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad & keyboard

Nothing came up after pushing the ESC key repeatedly so do I call HP Suport to get it replaced/fixed ?
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
7878 397 975
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad & keyboard

@TeneishaLakia,

Yes, you will need to contact them if you are unable to complete the troubleshooting steps.

You can contact our technical support at http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thank you for your persistence.

If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos".

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation