Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (145 Views)

Touchpad and Keyboard have been shutting off randomly

Product Name: HP Pavilion Touchsmart 14 Slee
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
For the past couple of weeks, the touchpad and keyboard on my laptop have either been shutting down randomly at different times or dont work at all when I start up. Sometimes both work, sometimes only my keyboard works, and then sometimes only my keyboard will work amd than eventually it will shut down too.
I just want to know what could be causing this and if I can fix it on my own. I never had a problem like this before.
0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (109 Views)

Re: Touchpad and Keyboard have been shutting off randomly

[ Edited ]

Hi @animekitten1992,

Welcome to HP Forums!

I have read your post, and understand that your keyboard and touch pad stopped working randomly. I want to assist you in this matter.

You may consider updating the drivers of the keyboard and touchpad. Also please check if there are newer chipset driver and BIOS. You may enter the product number here to search the drivers.

Let me know if it helps.

Please click the thumbs up below to thank me for my efforts! If it help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums! 

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation