Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad issues

HP Pavilion x360 m3
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Is anyone having trouble with their touchpad. My mouse will move on it's own acorss the screen for no reason. This is getting really annoying. I purchased the laptop two days ago, all I've installed are Chrome and Itunes. It does it when I am in any program. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,840 2,755 184 359
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad issues

Thanks for stopping by @ken1texas

I understand that you are having an issue with the touchpad on your HP Pavilion x360 Notebook PC. You have come to the right place to find suggestions, solutions and a helping hand!

• Type in Search, "Device Manager", 
  • Click On Device Manager,
  • Expand Mice and other pointing devices,  
  • Right Click on the TouchPad, 
  • Click on Uninstall,
  • Restart the Notebook twice, 
  • Reinstall the TouchPad Adapter.

The best document I have for TouchPad issues is the Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad document. 

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers that need updating.

If you feel this post has helped you, could help others joining in and looking for a solution or you just want to say cheers, please click the Accept as Solution button and/or the Thumbs Up

If you require further assistance, please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and I would be more than happy to do my best to provide another solution. 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad issues

I believe I have tried that. I have been on the phone twice with customer support. It never happens when I am on the phone with them. They told me to try a system restore and if it continues they suggested that I should return the computer. If you don't mind go to my YouTube page I receded what my laptop was doing. My youtube name is Ken979tx.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,840 2,755 184 359
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad issues

Hey, 

I don't mind at all. Can you please provide me with a link to the video? I cannot search by your YouTube name. If that was phone supports recommendation, I would follow the instructions and see if it continues. You can also check in safe mode to see if it happens. If it does not happen in Safe Mode for an extended period of time, you know that it is more than likely software related. 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad issues

I have attached two videos. I am not using my TouchPad in the videos.
https://youtu.be/xlRMj3fkI9g

In this video I couldn't log on
https://youtu.be/sRTmalHfDBA
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,840 2,755 184 359
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad issues

Hey, 

I looked at both videos and completely understand what you are experiencing now. 

Try Safe Mode and see if it happens there also.

Have you tried to disable the touchpad to see if it quits while the touchpad is disabled?

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad issues

I haven't tried safe mode. I have disabled the TouchPad and it didn't happen. I am at work I will try when I get home.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad issues

I tried to go into safe mode but my laptop got stuck on the screen that has the hp logo and I flooded the steps. Hp tech support called me a couple of hours ago and had me do a restore. I will see how it operates tomorrow. If it does not work they told me to exchange it since I bought it last Friday.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation