08-07-2016 02:36 AM
I'm having a HP Envy m6 x360 w014dx convertible notebook, i see that my CPU is a 2.4GHz 5th generation Intel Core i7-5500U Dual Core, i wonder if i can replace it with a more powerful one so i can play more games on this laptop. The Graphic processor is great, 930M Nvidia, but the processor need more power.
08-07-2016 04:21 AM
Unfortunately no, you need a new motherboard with CPU soldered to it. In this case, part number can be 808410-xxx and this is a very, very, very, very expensive upgrade.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot