09-25-2012 02:38 PM
I have an HP Pavilion dv9009us Notebook PC and want to install a solid state hard drive. How do I determine if a 6 Gb/s hard drive backward compatible to 3 Gb/s, but not to 1.5 Gb/s, will work in this PC?
09-25-2012 02:54 PM
They are industry standard and all backward compatible. One thing I'd like to mention here (and please do not ask me why): last month I replaced 4 HDD's of my laptops with 4 SSD's from 120Gb to 480Gb, same brand (Sandisk Extreme). One laptop gave me a headache, changing interfaces forward/backward did not help and at the end I had to format the SSD using external enclosure before put it back.
Hope this helps.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot