06-16-2016 07:15 PM
In that model series (as with most modern notebooks today), the processors cannot be upgraded or replaced.
They are part of the system board and in order to upgrade the processor, the entire system board needs to be replaced.
If you look at chapter 6 of the service manual, you can see the list of supported system boards with processors.
I don't see any i5 or i7 processor system boards offered.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot