04-30-2016 05:27 AM
Ive looked online and the instructions given have lead me nowhere, so Im going to ask here and hopefully someone can just give me a straight up answer.
Basically, I desperately want to upgrade the processor on this laptop (Compaq 15-h050nf). I understand that if I am to upgrade, I need to know if other processors are compatible with the motherboard, and if so, which ones. Ive looked online but the instructions given for finding out have lead me absolutely nowhere. So if anyone knows can you please tell me?
04-30-2016 05:40 AM
Well I am sorry to say that the processor on your laptop is soldered to the motherboard. The only way to upgrade would be to buy a whole different motherboard. The cost of that is going to approach or exceed what you paid for the laptop.
See p. 17 of the Manual above.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot