Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ae091ms
Microsoft Windows 11

After updating to windows 11 i am having stuttering issues with the audio and the laptop where the while laptop stutters and the speakers blurt out a crunching noise so i went to uninstall the audio driver thinking i could find the same one to reinstall but after searching i am unable to find any driver made for this device for windows 11 the ones on the page only go up to windows 10 and i cant find anyone else posting looking for the windows 11 driver.

As far as Fixing the stuttering goes it still happens on boot and eventually goes away i find it randomly happens when the laptop sleeps but not all the time.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @The0roch0,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Audio issues like stuttering and crunching noises can be quite frustrating, especially after upgrading to a new operating system like Windows 11. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the issue with your HP Spectre x360.

Update Drivers via Device Manager

Even if you couldn't find Windows 11 specific drivers on the HP website, Windows Update and Device Manager might have compatible drivers.

1. Open Device Manager:
    • Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.
  2. Update Audio Drivers:
    • Expand the Sound, video and game controllers section.
    • Right-click your audio device (likely something like Realtek or Intel SST) and select Update driver.
    • Choose Search automatically for updated driver software.

Use Windows Update

Windows 11 often fetches compatible drivers automatically through Windows Update.

1. Check for Updates:
    • Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
    • Click on Check for updates.

Download Generic Drivers from Manufacturer

If updating through Device Manager and Windows Update doesn’t help, you can try downloading the latest drivers directly from the audio hardware manufacturer's website (such as Realtek).

1. Realtek:
    • Go to the Realtek website.
    • Search for the latest High Definition Audio Codecs.

Install HP Support Assistant

HP Support Assistant can automatically detect and install the appropriate drivers for your HP device.

1. Download HP Support Assistant:
    • Visit the HP Support Assistant page.
    • Download and install the software.
    • Run the application and let it scan for updates.

Roll Back to Previous Driver

If the issue started after a recent update, rolling back to the previous driver version might resolve the problem.

1. Device Manager:
    • Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click your audio device and select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and select Roll Back Driver.

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Change Power Management Settings

Sometimes power management settings can cause stuttering issues.

1. Power Options:
    • Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options.
    • Select High performance.
  2. Device Manager:
    • Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click your audio device, select Properties.
    • Go to the Power Management tab (if available) and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Perform a Clean Boot

A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when running Windows.

1. Clean Boot:
    • Press Windows + R, type msconfig, and press Enter.
    • Under the General tab, select Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items.
    • Go to the Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft services, and then click Disable all.
    • Restart your computer.

Check for BIOS/UEFI Updates

Sometimes, updating the BIOS/UEFI can resolve hardware compatibility issues.

1. HP Support:
    • Visit the HP Drivers & Software page.
    • Enter your model number and check for BIOS updates.
    • Follow the instructions carefully to update the BIOS.

Reinstall the Audio Driver

If you uninstalled the driver and can’t find it:

1. Device Manager:
    • Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the audio device and select Uninstall device.
    • Restart your laptop; Windows should attempt to reinstall the driver automatically.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

thanks for the response i am unable to roll back the driver because it is not  in the device manager list anymore and trying to install a new driver keeps failing

HP Recommended

Hi @The0roch0,

Thank you for your response, 

I'm sending a private message to assist you with the next action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.