Highlighted
LitteCora26 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

battery test: primary battery failed - replace (42)

Pavilion TS 11

Hello, first all the facts:

Model: Pavilion TS 11

Year bought: 2013

product Number: E2V68EA#ABD

Battery test result: primary battery failed - replace (42)

Error code: 0GF2MR - 6MW8H9 - XD7WXF - C0A503

The problem:

I have noticed the very first time the battery did not fully charge up to 100% app. 1 1/2 years ago. Then it always stayed at about 75%. I made several battery tests, yet everything seemed to be fine.

Two days ago, I noticed the battery was down to 7% - not charging even though it should be. I run some battery tests again and the error stated above suddenly came up. The HP battery test via the support center sated everything was okay, yet as I googled the primary battery failed message, I kind of got alarmed. 

There is no warranty left and the touchscreen had to be disabled a couple of months ago, because it was not working properly as well.

I hope for advises - does it actually make sense to try to repair it? Can this problem be repaired - as far as I understand, the primary battery means changing the removable battery won't help at all?

Best wishes,

Kristina

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
12988 12924 1690 4371
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

battery test: primary battery failed - replace (42)

Hi,

Replacing the main removable battery with a new battery preferably HP genuine battery is the solution to this.

Manual: Page 27
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03823315

You need3-cell, 36-Wh, 3.20-Ah, Li-ion battery�, HP part number 729892-001�

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281748237458?_mwBanner=1

Regards

Visruth
I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation