11-14-2017 11:38 AM
I have a really starnge issue in my system from quite a few days now. My Ctrl+s, Ctrl+f and Ctrl+a combination keys are not working for any application. I use microsoft word and some java and ionic editors but these keys are not working for any of them. ctrl+z, ctrl+x, ctrl+c and ctrl+v are working fine. I haven't checked for other key combinations but these I use the most.
My Language setting is : English (United States)
Keyboard selected is : US-Qwerty
Can someone address my problem ASAP
11-15-2017 05:40 PM - edited 11-15-2017 05:41 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Forums,
Riddle_Decipher is at your service.
As I understand the certain keys or combinations aren't working,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
Did you try the left or the right Ctrl key to check if they respond?
And do they work on other applications? does the issue only appear with one particular app?
Did you drop liquid or have any accidents with the keyboard?
When was the last time it worked without this issue?
Did you check with an alternate user account or an external keyboard to check if all the keys on that work?
I recommend the below steps:
Clean the keyboard with compressed air (blow compressed air in the gaps between keys). This removes some lint and dust.
Check with an alternate/external keyboard.
Shut down the laptop, remove the battery and cable for a moment, press and hold the start button for 60 seconds
Replace the battery, restart the notebook,
if the issue persists, Contact HP to set up a repair/replacement order (free of cost if covered within the HP Warranty).
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true
(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.
Let me know how that pans out
feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,
followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,
And Have a great day Ahead!
I am an HP Employee
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot