Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cursor

i was watching movie and suddenly my cursor is moving an its own  i was using wireless mouse i removed then too it was moving, then i shut down the laptop an opened it  was working fine now it has happed like 3times its moves on its own and i shut down it it works fine 

so help me 

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2,840 2,755 184 359
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cursor

Thanks for stopping by @green5

I understand that you are having an issue with the touchpad on your Notebook. You have come to the right place to find suggestions, solutions and a helping hand! 

Have you tried going into Safe Mode to see if the problems persist in there?

Have you tried Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset?

Have you done a hardware test?

Have you updated all of your drivers?

Have you tried to uninstall the driver?

• Type in Search, "Device Manager", 
  • Click On Device Manager,
  • Expand Mice and other pointing devices,  
  • Right Click on the TouchPad, 
  • Click on Uninstall,
  • Restart the Notebook twice, 

The best document I have for TouchPad issues is the Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad document. 

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers that need updating.

If you feel this post has helped you, could help others joining in and looking for a solution or you just want to say cheers, please click the Accept as Solution button and/or the Thumbs Up

If you require further assistance, please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting, your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) and Which Windows Operating Systems you are running, and I would be more than happy to do my best to provide another solution. 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation