cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

flash/shockwave issues

HP Recommended
hp envy laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my problem is with flash player. i play zynge games and other, some  that will load 100% but stop. shockwave has crashed, reload keeps coming up every couple of minutes, i have google chrome.  I uninstaled it and flash player, and reinstalled them. still doesnt work.  i then tried edge, it is better, but then i get the gray circle with the exlamation point. it is very frustrating, and I dont want to keep messing with my computer Can u help, please. ty, Kathleen

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,299 2,042
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @kathleen16, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand when you play games using google chrome the shockwave player keeps crashing on your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried using a different browser apart from google chrome? Does the issue persist?

Can you please provide the product number of your PC to help you better.

Go to chrome://plugins and check “Always Allowed” under the Flash plugin (this is Chrome's built-in flash plugin, Pepperflash)
If you have more than one Flash plugin installed, please disable one version by going to  chrome://plugins, click on “Details” in the upper right corner, and “disable” under one of the two Flash plugins
Load the content in Incognito mode (menu>new Incognito tab) to see if there is any improvement
Try to reset your Chrome browser settings
If that doesn't work, try disabling Pepper flash (built-in plugin) and enabling the standalone version of Adobe Flash. 
Try turning off the hardware acceleration. Menu > Settings > go to Advanced Settings and look under 'System' for the options below, and uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available.

If the issue still persists reset the google chrome and check if it helps.

Go to settings in the search box type reset settings.

Click reset. Close the browser and reopen the browser and check if the issue persists.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hAVE DONE EVERYTHING ON YOUR LIST. STILL HAVE PROBLEM , NOT AS MANY  CRAHES AS BEFORE THO, BUT SLOW

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ALSO COMPUTER IS HP ENVY, CORE 1-7

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,299 2,042
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @kathleen16, Thanks for your response and time.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

I had asked you few questions in my previous thread but did not answer them.

Have you tried using a different browser like firefox, opera ect. Do you have issues it with it too.

Please update the flash player to latest version from adobe website directly and check if it helps.

Link to update adobe flash player.

I'll watch your reply! 

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation