02-04-2012 12:30 AM
I have a 6 year old DV6000 P/N EZ796AV that I had apart to replace a component. When removing the keyboard ribbon cable, it came out of the connector by just giving it a gentle tug. Now I cannot get it back into the connector. On the videos and pictures I've seen, there are two black tabs on either end of the connector that must be pushed up to relieve tension on the connector. My connector has no such tabs.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot