Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (180 Views)

keyboard and touchpad not working properly

Product Name: HP 14-g005au
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

my laptop keyboard not typing but I know its working cause when i hit CAPS LOCK the indicator light will switch on and when i hit letter N network will show up...

touchpad also not working properly... when i double click my file document, the property document will show up not the document itself.

when i hit right click nothings happen or nothing showing up... but when i accidentally hit ESC right click button work perfectly but left click button still doesnt work.... and every time I restart my computer I always hit ESC just so the right click button will work..

I already refresh/reset/reformat my computer... nothings change

I even Upgraded the Bios.... still nothings change

I Uninstall/install alps touchpad driver... still notings change

Please help me... I dont Know what to do anymore

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (127 Views)

Re: keyboard and touchpad not working properly

Hi! @Darlyn_Domingo, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand keyboard and touchpad are not functioning on your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with an external keyboard or mouse?

As you mentioned you did reset your PC but the issue still persists, It certainly seems to be a hardware issue but try few steps recommended below.

Try booting into recovery manager, Turn on your PC keep tapping the F11 key you will boot into recovery manager.

Click troubleshoot from the list, Select advanced options and select command prompt from the list.

Try typing in the keys and check if you are able to type.

If the keys are not working in the command prompt it is a hardware issue with the keyboard.

Try updating BIOS and touchpad drivers on your PC using HP support assistant and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps, run system diagnostics on your PC for keyboard and touchpad and let me know the results.

Refer this article to know how to run system diagnostics on your PC.

Please let me know the outcome.

Have a beautiful day ahead! :)

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation