Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 625
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using an HP 625 laptop, with Windows 10 Pro, version 10.0.19041 Build 19041. 

A few weeks ago both my shift keys started making problems, when is press the left shift key once, then these characters appear: ycvx,m_: when I use the German keyboard, and zcvx,m?>  when I use the English keyboard. simultaneously it makes a few beeping sounds, and sometimes it reduces the speaker volume or mutes the speaker.

when I press the right Shift key while using the German keyboard, it makes these characters: qerwiuPO, simultaneously it makes a few beeping sounds and selects a line of text. when I use the English keyboard, it makes the same thing, also it sometimes reduces the sound volume. 

I already searched in some forums and tried to solve the problem by trying different things: I updated Windows, I updated, rolled back and again updated the keyboard driver. I used the Ccleaner to clean the laptop and repair registry faults. I ran Malwarebytes, updated and ran Spywareblaster and Avast Free Antivirus. I uninstalled all language packs and keyboard except English US, but since that also did'nt solve the problem, I use the German keyboard again, because otherwise I have difficulty finding the special characters. I ran SFC and DISM. After completing everything, still the problem with the shift key is persisiting. I cannot do more complicated things without guidance, thus I request you to assist me how to solve this problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.