04-17-2011 12:23 PM
I just bought and opened this laptop and the "o" key does not work when typing normally. it only works if you pound it directly head-on or on the top. I jumped on the internet and typed in google.com and it came out ggle.cm. Is there a simple fix to this or must I return the laptop for a new one? It seems as though the key mechanism beneath the key is off center or something.
04-17-2011 12:27 PM
I would recommend taking it back to the retailer and getting a replacement - you shouldn't have to be trying to fix this sort of issue on a brand new notebook.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot