05-22-2016 08:26 AM
My battery indecator on my task bar is saying "plugged in and not charging". My AC port is also flashing on and off in no particular pattern.
This is what i've tried with no availe:
- Hp battery diag comes up as unknown
- Swapping out for a different battery
- Discharge by removing battery and AC, hold power button
- Uninstall ACPI CCM Battery
- 3 Different chargers
- BIOs update
05-23-2016 07:34 AM
I have read that you are having battery issues with your HP Pavilion dv6-6c00ct Notebook. I thank you for the detailed information you have shared on what you have done thus far. Have you tried restoring the BIOS to default factory settings?
Try to Uninstall the ACPI battery Method. Remove the Battery, then in the Device Manager, expand the Batteries section by clicking the little icon to the left of the word Batteries. Right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall.Restart the Notebook. Once the Notebook has come all the way back up, shut it down and remove the AC adapter. Put in the Battery and AC adapter turn on the Notebook.
Please come back and let me know how it goes.
If you wish to say Thanks for my effort to help, click the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos.
I work on behalf of HP
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot