Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (134 Views)

"plugged in and not charging"

Product Name: Pavillion dv6-6c00ct
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My battery indecator on my task bar is saying "plugged in and not charging". My AC port is also flashing on and off in no particular pattern.

This is what i've tried with no availe:

• Hp battery diag comes up as unknown 
  • Swapping out for a different battery
  • Discharge by removing battery and AC, hold power button
  • Uninstall ACPI CCM Battery
  • 3 Different chargers
  • BIOs update
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (91 Views)

Re: "plugged in and not charging"

Hi @jedgar21,

I have read that you are having battery issues with your HP Pavilion dv6-6c00ct Notebook. I thank you for the detailed information you have shared on what you have done thus far. Have you tried restoring the BIOS to default factory settings?

Try to Uninstall the ACPI battery Method. Remove the Battery, then in the Device Manager, expand the Batteries section by clicking the little icon to the left of the word Batteries. Right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall.Restart the Notebook. Once the Notebook has come all the way back up, shut it down and remove the AC adapter. Put in the Battery and AC adapter turn on the Notebook.

Please come back and let me know how it goes.

If you wish to say Thanks for my effort to help, click the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.Smiley Happy

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation