Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

some keys of keyboard is not working properly what should i do?

pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

some uneven keys of my laptop pavilion g6 is not working properly what should i do? is it hardware problem or any update related?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,048 41,837 6,639 11,589
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Go into device manager and find the keyboard. Right click on it and uninstall...reboot. This will reload the driver (provided automatically by Windows). Also try an external usb keyboard. If the external keyboard works fine and the driver reload does not help, then yes I would say you need a new keyboard. On the g6 series keyboards are not very expensive and can be replaced by most end users. Please provide where you live (country only), the exact model laptop, keyboard color and language and we can help you find a keyboard and installation instructions and likely a step-by-step video. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have the same problem now after the last windows update 4 days ago .

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation