04-23-2016 08:07 AM
I bought a used laptop and would like to upgrade the cpu, and was wondering what were my options.
It is a Compaq Presario CQ57-212NR LW443UA#ABA. currently holds an AMD C-50 1Ghz processor.
04-23-2016 08:18 AM
According to what I see in the Maintenencve & Service guide, replacing the systemboard is the only means of upgrading the processor.
The AMD processor is a BGA type and is soldered onto the systemboard with the chipset.
Your notebook is non upgradeable, in terms of the AMD processor.
If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button
I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot