04-23-2016 08:07 AM
I bought a used laptop and would like to upgrade the cpu, and was wondering what were my options.
It is a Compaq Presario CQ57-212NR LW443UA#ABA. currently holds an AMD C-50 1Ghz processor.
04-23-2016 08:18 AM
According to what I see in the Maintenencve & Service guide, replacing the systemboard is the only means of upgrading the processor.
The AMD processor is a BGA type and is soldered onto the systemboard with the chipset.
Your notebook is non upgradeable, in terms of the AMD processor.
If your problem is solved or your question answered by a particular post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.
I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot