08-18-2016 03:30 AM
I've recently puchased this machine 2nd-hand, however, the BIOS admin password didn't come with it. As a result, I'm unable to bring the BIOS up-to-date.
Would you please advise how HP can assist me reset the BIOS admin password.
08-18-2016 05:39 AM
When asked for the password just hit enter 3 times.
Post any code you receive.
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Microsoft Registered Refurbisher and Registered Microsoft Partner
08-18-2016 06:12 AM
[F10] Bios Setup | [Enter] x 3 | On-screen keyboard displays | [Enter] | "System Locked press the power to restart the system" displays
I never get a numeric error code that others with the same problem see.
01-09-2017 04:44 PM - edited 01-09-2017 04:52 PM
I'm sorry for my terrible henglish but I'm very depressed!
How can find the right way to entre in the BIOS machine??
When I try and enter a password, or just press ENTER, three times, I get the touchscreen keyboard layout displayed and if I press ENTER again, I get the Authentication Failed message that reads:
Press the power button to restart the system
I haven't any one else code or number.
Please can you help me?
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)