04-23-2016 02:01 AM
I have tried following the instructions to do a system reset but it doesn't work and reverts to the Choose an Option screen.
I have product key ID etc
04-23-2016 03:30 AM
BitLocker can not be inadvertently turned on.
Someone who has access to your notebook has encrypted the drive with Bitlocker technology. Unless you have the password, you do have a severe problem.
Unencrypting the hard disk will be very expensive, that is, if it can be done.
There are companies that claim to be able to do it, but there is unlikely to be a guarantee that it will work.
If your problem is solved or your question answered by a particular post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.
I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)