Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (60 Views)

Boot Device Not Found Error

Product Name: Pavilion 15-aw000
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When turning on there is a black screen that says:

"Boot Device Not Found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk. 

Hard Disk - (3F0)"

I've ran the system diagnostics, passed memory test, passed quick hard drive test and extensive test. 

We've only had this laptop for 9 months! Any ideas?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (27 Views)

Re: Boot Device Not Found Error

@JessDe

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Smiley Happy 

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion 15-aw000 Notebook. I read that the laptop does not boot to Windows and an error appears saying "Boot Device Not Found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard Disk - (3F0)". You have run the hard drive quick and extensive tests and both passed. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

The evidence points towards an operating system issue. The hard drive seems to be fine. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop recently?

I recommend you to perform a Windows refresh (repair). This should not delete your personal data. This will fix any corruption in the Windows operating system and drivers. 

If the Windows refresh fails or does not launch then you may perform a system recovery. This will wipe out all data and reinstall the original operating system. You may perform the steps mentioned under "Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly". 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Good luck! 

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation