MountainPixy
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bootable device not found

Notebook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have run diagnostics & passed all tests. HP troubleshoot says disconnect & reconnect hard drive. I want to make sure this is absolutely my only next option. In system config it won't let me select Secure Boot. Both Secure Boot & Legacy are disabled. I Have a picture of screen but don't see where to attach it here.
Please let me know if any other fixes besides reconnecting hard drive are possible.
Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
MountainPixy
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I enabled Legacy & it worked. My question now is why did Secure Boot become disabled all of a sudden by itself & can not be selected at all?
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,417
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MountainPixy,

Thanks for reaching out to the community.  I see that require information as to why secure boot is disabled. I will be glad to assist you and let’s get right to Splendid diagnosis and excellent description of the issue It is amply appreciated.

Let me gather some information for better clarity to assist you correctly:

• Do you check any document?

I will provide some relevant information that should help you here. Let us check these steps:

Check this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04784866 (HP PCs - Secure Boot (Windows 10)

Check all the sections. Pay attention to the4se sections:

• Frequently Asked Questions about Secure Boot
  • Troubleshoot problems with Secure Boot

This will provide clear information. It also explains about disabling secure boot and enabling legacy boot under the section “Troubleshoot problems with Secure Boot

It looks like if legacy boot is enabled then secure boot gets disabled. Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help

Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation