Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 15-bw066sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I am trying to update my hard drive to a ssd drive. I have created the media installation usb (twice on the same usb, I ran a dism check to make sure no files were corrupt And also changed the name of the laptop as suggested in another thread ). The usb finally completed after getting initial

Ox8007000d   -0x90002 error. ( the dism health check fixed this). 
my problem is when i try to boot from usb following all the online methods ( turning on legacy boot etc) the laptop shows the initial hp icon ,then a blank screen with a flashing curser and finally I get a static screen as seen in image. I am unsure what steps to do next if anybody could assist me. Thanks

81A5EE33-BBFD-40C6-AE78-54576937318D.jpeg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kenkeo

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

In some cases, it might be necessary to disable secure boot in BIOS in order to start the computer using recovery discs. Follow these steps to disable Secure Boot in BIOS.

1. Use one of the following methods to open the Computer Setup Utility.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F10 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Computer Setup Utility opens.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the Escape key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup menu opens. Then press F10.

Press the left or right arrow keys to navigate the menus. Use the up or down arrow keys to move through the list of items on the menu screen. Press the Enter key to select an item and open a submenu. Then use the left and right arrow keys to modify the settings. Press the F10 key to save the changes and exit from a submenu, or press the Esc key to exit from a submenu without saving the changes.

2. Use the right arrow key to choose the System Configuration menu, use the down arrow key to select Boot Options, and then press Enter.

Image of the System Configuration menu

Image of the Boot Options menu

3. Use the down arrow key to select Secure Boot, press the Enter key, and then use the down arrow key to modify the setting to Disable.

4. The Computer Setup Utility closes and the computer restarts. When the computer has restarted, the Operating System Boot Mode Change screen displays, prompting you to confirm the Boot Options change. Type the code shown on the screen, and then press Enter to confirm the change.

5. Use the left arrow key to select the File menu, use the down arrow key to select Save Changes and Exit, and then press Enter to select Yes.

The Computer Setup Utility closes and the computer restarts.

6. When the computer has restarted, use the power button to turn the computer off.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04784866 to know more about Secure Boot (Windows 10)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.