Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (2,148 Views)

Can i install windows 7 on a Pavilion x2 - 10-n203np ( made in late 2015 )

[ Edited ]
Product Name: Pavilion x2 10-n203np
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello i have bought a Pavilion x2 10-n203np just to find out that the software i need doesnt run on windows 8 or 10.
I need to install windows 7. I have found this thread at this forum:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Can-you-install-Windows-7-pro-on...

wich explains how to do it, but my x2 was built in 12/16/2015 and the bios (F.05) doesnt have a legacy mode to enable. it does have secure boot option wich i already turned off but i can't seem to install windows 7 sucefully. i can install windows 7 using a a windows 7 uefi ready image, but when the x2 reboots after the instalation, the system tells me there is no bootable os. Im using rufus in gpt partition scheme for uefi and fat32.

i've thought about downgrading the bios to see if i get a legacy mode option. any ideias on this?

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Message 2 of 5 (2,111 Views)

Re: Can i install windows 7 on a Pavilion x2 - 10-n203np ( made in late 2015 )

Your system has no Official Win7 driver support from HP.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (2,101 Views)

im aware of that. that didnt helped at all  :/

Provost
Message 4 of 5 (2,094 Views)

Hugo_Vinagre

Laptops especially contain specialized hardware for which, for full functionality, specialized drivers are required -- and these come ONLY from the OEM, in this case, HP. Your PC came preinstalled with Windows 10. If you remove or overwrite the original Win10 on your PC with Win 7, you are going to encounter serious problems as there are no HP Win7 drivers for the new hardware that comes with new machines.  

MS supplies drivers that provide only basic functionality.  This means that some of the hardware functionality is likely NOT to work if you force a downgrade.  That includes functions like the touchpad, WiFi, swtichable graphics, USB ports -- to name the functions commonly reported here.

If you want full functionality for the machine, you need to retain its original preinstalled OS version.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (2,074 Views)

thank you for your reply, but all i want to know is if it is possible to install windows 7 and how.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation