05-14-2013 07:01 AM
Even when the USB DVD drive is selected as the primary boot device or selected as boot device after pressing ESC and F9, I cannot boot from DVD.
According to another post I have:
I have problems booting from HDD as well, and now I also have problems booting from DVD. I have tried 3 different bootable DVDs.
Does anyone have any ideas to how the booting process could be corrupted any further and how I can regain the boot-from-DVD function? Now I cannot even run the recover DVD and recover the PCs factory settings.
However, I can still boot from HDD following the description from the other posting.
Thanks with best regards
06-05-2013 05:42 PM
Could you please give me the exact product number for your notebook?
If you need help finding it, you can use the following link:
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)