Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My son's Xbox has been connected to my Microsoft account for years since he was a minor when it was purchased. Last week, he thoughtlessly changed the primary email address and password on the account. The change was instantly reflected on my laptop. I used Chrome to access my Microsoft account and change the information back and set a new password. Since then, I have not been able to connect to Microsoft via any of the Windows applications on my laptop including through settings, any of the MS office suite of products, or the Microsoft store. Every time it says I'm not connected to the internet even though I can use any of my internet browsers with no issue. Under settings, my Microsoft account shows up twice and I cannot create a local user account because it won't accept my Windows password. I was on the phone for 3 hours with Microsoft and they couldn't figure out the issue. They just decided it was an internet issue despite the fact I was using the internet to chat with their tech support. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue without completely wiping my laptop?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@mward72, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Have you tried performing a system restore?

System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected.

You can also undo a System Restore if the restore does not resolve the issue or if the issue becomes worse.

Click here for more info.

If the issue persists, as this issue is out of support boundries, I would request you to reach out to our HP Smart Friend Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Smart Friend Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did try to do a system restore but that did not help. I even unloaded the recent Windows update but no help there either. Then my laptop immediately reloaded the update (quite rude). I will try contacting HP Smart Friend support. Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.