2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Cannot set Windows 7 as OS on the 128Go SSD of my HP Pavilion laptop 15-cb037nf

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cb037nf
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just bought that laptop. I did not notice that it was provided with no OS at all, but it "could" be ok.

Its specs : i7-7700HQ, 8GbRAM, GeForce GTX 1050,

HDD ST1000LM049-2GH172,

SSD LITEON CA1-8D128-HP.

However when I boot on USB key with Windows 7 Ultimate, I am only able to see its HDD of ~1To for installing the OS, whereas I would prefer to install it on its SSD, since I've heard it was faster during the turn ON step and during the automatic launching program step...

What should I do then in order to Windows7 detect that SSD please?

Regards,

a customer

2 REPLIES 2
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,714 44,491 7,174 12,718
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 7 does not want to run on a 7th gen Intel chip. You need to add a special driver into the Windows 7 installation media you are using. 

Windows 7 will eternally be a problem on that machine. Intel and Microsoft will actively try to force you into Windows 10. 

https://www.logicsupply.com/explore/io-hub/installing-windows-7-on-a-skylake-pc/

0 Kudos
lolamk
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Oh thanks, actually the problem of the only usb3 available ports is resolved, thanks to a pixelboys.fr post looking like "install windows 7 on usb 3" or stuff lile that...
Otherwise I could not go any few further than the language selection step.

So the only one thing remaining is making that ssd detectable from windows, since it already is from the bios. Should I then unmount the laptop and see if it's well plugged ? But what about the warranty then ? Or should I just go through the hdd installation and then send everything from hdd to ssd via, idk, clonezilla or other key-bootable softwares ?

By thanking you,
A lost customer
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation