Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook x360 - 14b-ca0013dx

Good Day to All -

Very perplexed here as my Brand New factory sealed HP Chromebook X360 greeted us with the Following message when it was turned it on just after Xmas day, "Chrome OS Missing or Damaged" thus basically rendering it an expensive doorstop, Not 1 millisecond did it work, its broken from the very 1st power on. Now being a novice with Chromebook I just can't understand how ANY company, business, anyone selling electronic products they manufacture & sell for hundreds of $ can Sell a product which is effectively for lack of another word Dead!!!! WHY is an unsuspecting innocent buyer not versed in downloading operating systems, thumb drives etc. asked to begin repairs immediately after opening a factory sealed (& tested ) brand new product? Makes one think just how awful Quality Control must be - CB was bought for a Christmas Gift while attending a Charitable Events Auction. Insult to injury We paid 2X the Suggested Retail Price - We are very happy the funds went to a Wonderful Charity which Helps those who are unable to Help themselves so would Never seek any kind of remuneration from them. The very worst part is we didn't know the Unit we bought was purchased 1 year  earlier by the charity - effectively cancelling any chance of HP warranty coverage. IF it wasn't purchased from a Charity of course we'd ask for a replacement or $ to be returned, that's Not an option!!!  The work this charity does is Gods earthly work & done for ALL, no specific race, sex, religion.  I'll never forget the look of disappointment in our family members face upon seeing the Fatal electronic message Chrome OS Missing or Damaged. Any All assistance is greatly Appreciated!!! Bless you all GinaPag

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ReginaPAGCSW 

I understand your frustration with this -- as any new computer, even a ChromeBook, should simply work!

But unfortunately, we have no access to it, so there is nothing we can do from here about it.

If this were mine, I would return it right now for a full refund -- but we here can't help you with that either.

Contact where you got it, tell them the situation, and make arrangements to send it back for a refund.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank You very much  for taking time out of Im certain your busy day to read & offer up a suggestion. @ this point we've opened up a case with HP Support in the Hope they'll read about the dilema we face & offer to @ minimum repair it free of charge. IF taking it back to a store were an option we would BUT chromebook was purchased for $600.00 @ a Silent Auction Charty Holiday event.  Asking the charity to take it back isnt something we'd do, as we had the winning bid by paying $600. for it so we'er hoping HP will do the right thing by providing us a working unit. Again sadley the brand new one we purchased @'the auction never did. GOD Bless. RPSSW

HP Recommended

@ReginaPAGCSW 

Sorry, I really wish there was something we here could do for you, but we have no say in returns or refunds.  Those are entirely and completely up to HP alone, and if they won't support you, there is nothing we here can do.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.