Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-bs0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I used hirens 15.2 and one of the partitioning tools inside that I was trying to add a partition. I backed up the partition table previous to wiping it. As soon as I did it crashed and when it rebooted it did not go to the blue screen I've done the fast and extended test it says  all that's fine. I also did a test on the USB ports and CD drive as well cus booting from them wasn't working. No recover options. Work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok so maceium did help me to get my computer up and running I couldn't figure out how to get my windows 10 back but it's letting me install another. I think I can recover my old windows thru that tho. It wouldn't run any thing I wanted it to thru the WinPe. 

Macrium is  pretty useful. Def need to look into understanding how to better use it. 

Also found out the problem with hirens. It does not support uefi/efi/secure boot. Hopefully the creators will work on fixing that. Planning for the technology developing. But I still recommend it for it has tons of tools that are very useful. 

Thanks for the help. Very much appreciated. I did lose all my files. Cus it wouldn't allow me to upgrade the previous windows cus it couldn't read the partition table obviously.  But nothing lost I didn't already have backed up externally. 

You were awesome helping me. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@keptchicken057 

You need to see if Hirens has a tool that can recover partitions and if it has, try running that.

If that does not work, then you will have to search online for partition recovery tools -- and I'm not aware of any free ones.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

It does have one. . The problem is. I need to get it in a USB boot  or onto a disk to boot and run it in as a virtual os.But when I change  the boot order in bios. Neither one is working. 

So I guess my real problem is how do I make it read the USB ports or the CD ROM drive. 

Thank you for responding tho. 

HP Recommended

@keptchicken057 

IF you have access to another PC, you can use Macrium Reflect to create a WinPE boot USB, and after you boot from that and FINALLY get to a desktop (it takes a while!), you can remove the MR USB stick, insert the Hiren's USB stick and run the apps from there.

MR is available from here: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

What I recommend is the following:
a) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
b) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD
c) Boot your PC from the MR media

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Awesome thanks I'll check it out when I get the time to do it. 

Question tho....is it actually gonna boot cus the hirens I have is a bootable usb program as well but it's not booting. I've used the flash drive before and it's worked. I'll try and remake the hirens one again. Maybe there's something wrong with it now. Also I'll go ahead and make the one you mentioned. And try that as well. 

Again thanks for the help I'll let you know if it works. 

Other wise the only option I'm seeing if the USB drive or cd drive won't work to run a bootable program I'll look into getting a esata to USB cable and run the partion recovery with that on another pc. 

HP Recommended

Also you said it takes a while to get to a desktop with that program. You should check out hirens it's pretty quick. A matter of minutes. Lol I love it. I'd recommend it as a must have.

HP Recommended

Ok so maceium did help me to get my computer up and running I couldn't figure out how to get my windows 10 back but it's letting me install another. I think I can recover my old windows thru that tho. It wouldn't run any thing I wanted it to thru the WinPe. 

Macrium is  pretty useful. Def need to look into understanding how to better use it. 

Also found out the problem with hirens. It does not support uefi/efi/secure boot. Hopefully the creators will work on fixing that. Planning for the technology developing. But I still recommend it for it has tons of tools that are very useful. 

Thanks for the help. Very much appreciated. I did lose all my files. Cus it wouldn't allow me to upgrade the previous windows cus it couldn't read the partition table obviously.  But nothing lost I didn't already have backed up externally. 

You were awesome helping me. Thanks. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.