1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Dual boot windows 10 and Linux-Ubuntu

HP Recommended
HP 15-ay041wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi,
I am using touch screen supportable hp notebook! I want to perform dual boot windows 10 and Ubuntu for some reasons. So I have some questions!
• Is it ok to use windows 10 with Ubuntu on hp notebook?
• Will it affect my laptop's performance?
• Will touch screen work on both OS?
• If I remove one OS in future, will it cause any kind of problem like system's performance, touch screen etc. ??
1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,635 30,542 2,790 6,740
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@david009

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but HP does not provide support for installing Linux on a PC preinstalled with Windows.  For this, you are pretty much on your own and will have to resort to using Linux forums for support.

As to the drivers -- no one really knows without trying them -- so the BEST approach is to create Install media for the Ubuntu version you want to run, boot the PC from that media, select the "Try" option -- and see how well the PC works running Ubuntu.

Anything that does not work the is going to range from simple to impossible to fix -- the latter being the case if there are simply no Linux drivers for the hardware that does not work.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation