12-12-2013 08:11 PM
I am trying to set up my fingerprint to log on in Windows 7 32-bit on my HP Pavilion dv2000 entertainment series laptop.. I tried going to Control Panel -> Biometric Devices and then clicking on the option to use my fingerprint with Windows. This opens up Internet Explorer and links me to http://tiny.cc/ts32bit, on which it gives me a "this page can't be displayed" error. (When I open the link in CoolNovo instead of Internet Explorer, it appears to go to http://webimages.authentec.com/store/uFMA/ufma-32bit.html, which also gives me a DNS error.) I can't find the drivers for my PC online (only drivers for Windows 7 64-bit and Windows XP are displayed). Should I try installing the Windows XP drivers (which are 32-bit), or is it impossible to use the fingerprint sensor in this configuration?
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)