01-02-2018 05:17 PM
01-03-2018 02:08 PM
Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.
May I know where did you purchase the Recovery Disk from? Was it from HP?
I would request you to contact our Phone Support for further assistance.
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.
I would also suggest you run the Hard drive test to confirm the Hard drive Funtionality
- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click Component test, then select Hard drive
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Solution Accepted and Kudos Buttons.
I Am An HP Employee
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)