08-10-2013 09:08 AM
My fathers HP Envy M6 will not turn on, or charge.
I have the same computer, so I can troubleshoot a few things using mine.
From swapping the simple parts around, I can tell that the battery and charger is still functioning properly.
When plugged in, there is no charge light. When my good, fully charged battery is put into his computer, it doesn't turn on. It seems to be compeltely dead.
I have tried the reset where you remove the battery, hold the power button for a minute, plug in the power cord and push the power button....it didn't work.
I understand there is a seperate circuit for the power cord. If this is defective, would it only be charging that is affected? I put a known fully charged battery in, and still nothing, so if this circuit is defective, would the computer also be non functional on battery power?
I'm looking for any suggestions that might help, or point to the defect.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)