01-21-2011 04:12 PM
I recently had a virus on my Laptop, and I saved all my Files and re-installed windows 7 as an operating system. I previously had Windows 7 running on the laptop too. Now i can't really use anything on the laptop because there are no drivers. I've tried downloading them, but it still doesn't seem to work properly. Does anyone know where I can maybe take my laptop in to get checked out (Sydney, Australia) or who I can contact to provide me with details on how to get all the drivers and get this thing working again!
Any help is much appreciated.
01-21-2011 07:01 PM
Lots of questions to ask : First off I need your full model number, what is it ?
Was Windows 7 originally installed on the laptop when you bought the computer ? If so why not reinstall the OS with the recovery partition. Start tapping the f11 key on boot up. OR have you deleted the recovery partition ?
If you have no recovery partition then what drivers do you need, what is not working properly, specifically ? Are you able to boot to the desk top or does it even get there ?
Do you need the drivers for your video card, card reader, touch pad etc. ?
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)