Fred90
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Pavilion X2 does not work anymore after attempting to reset

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion X2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI there! I am trying to reset completely my laptop with a new fresh Windows 10 system. Basically, I have backed up all my data, started a resetting process and the system kept stopping at 54% while resetting.

After numerous attempts, I tried to go back to log in on my old account and this won't work anymore.  

Then I have tried to address this problem with downloading, on a 32gb usb drive, the media creation tool from Microsoft (on a different computer)https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10, but this would also say at the very end of the downloading process that there is a problem and was unable to download.

I am now hopeless, could someone help me? Keep in mind that I am not very good with this technical stuff so if you could please guide me step by step, would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks 

Fred 

1 REPLY 1
Flower_Bud
Retired
Retired
5,216 5,204 271 393
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Fred90

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, your notebook is unable to reset, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Did you run a hardware test on the computer using the F2 key during a restart?

If not, let's run a hardware test to hardware is good: 

• Press the Power button to turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until you see HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI.
  • From the UEFI main menu, click System Tests, then click Quick Test.
  • Click Run once.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen. The test can take up to 15 minutes.
  • If no system component failed, please go back to main menu and Exit from the screen.

If the test passes, you could order HP Recovery Media to reinstall Windows: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/bph07143.

Or I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your forum private message box next to the bell notification icon on the upper right-hand corner for a private message from me for further assistance.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation