Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 15-bl000 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I was attempting to recover my windows 10 pro 64 bit using HP recovery USB media.

It goes along well but finally errors out. I tried this 3 times and all 3 times same thing.

Prior to starting I ran all diagnostics and no problems were found.

I generated an error log file.

Trying to get some support, I went to the support page but all I found there was the "Virtual Assistant".

That was no help after about 10 minutes I was told to contact support??? 

Anyway, I looked at the logfile and it appears to error out trying to install MacAfee bloatware".(it can't find drive)

Does anybody have any answers? I can upload the log file because it's a little out of my experience

level.

Thanks,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

😀

Personally I usually perform a clean install of the OS and then install what I need. If you need any further help let me know.

Take care,

David

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Dave,

Did you create the USB media using the HP cloud recovery tool? If not, you could try it

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

You could also perform a clean install of the OS and avoid all bloatware  😀  by creating a USB drive with the OS on it directly from Microsoft. (on a different PC) It will activate automatically once installed and connected to the internet.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

After installing allow Windows to completely update and it will automatically install all the necessary drivers.

You can then find software and drivers here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-15-bl000-x360-convertible-pc/13823372

or install HP support assistant

HP Support Assistant | HP® Official Site

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Hi David (Great name there LOL)

I was using the HP supplied  Recovery Media as my Backup USB media seemed to not work as well.

I will try your suggestion(s) and see what happens.

I bought the media from HP thinking it should be good. Guess it goes to show you....

I'll post back if I find a solution, but, thanks for the tips.

Dave

HP Recommended

😀

Personally I usually perform a clean install of the OS and then install what I need. If you need any further help let me know.

Take care,

David

HP Recommended

David,

Yep clean install from Microsoft was the ticket. I have a file image of my old data from BackBlaze (Nice product) and am re-installing and "pruning" Trash (lmao boy can you get a lot of junk out on the SSD)!

Thanks for the help it was most appreciated (I would give you 2 thumbs up but the system only allows one (Drat!! 😪)

Dave

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.