Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-4125tu

"I had this HP Spectre x360 13-4125tu from my dad. He said it hasn't been used since 2019. After I got this laptop, I immediately installed Windows 11, and everything ran normally until the Windows update told me to restart the laptop to update the operating system. After I pressed restart, it just showed a blank screen. The screen turned on, but it showed nothing, just a blank screen.

I have tried the HP Hardware Diagnostics and the UEFI diagnostics, but nothing seems to work."

And i have tried the bios recovery but it wont work when i press win+b at the same with pressing the power button time the screen wont turn on with flashing capslock.

i mean this problem doesn't bricked my whole laptop but its just annoying when i updating my windows or driver even the uefi update and this problem could result an fatal corrupt

any solution?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

My previous experience has been that installing a non -HP version of Windows on a laptop is a bad idea -- for two reasons.

First, it does not have the custom HP drivers needed for the laptop.

Second, it will not activate because it is not the HP OEM version of Windows that is needed.

But recently, another contributor here said these are not issues -- so my suggestion to replace this with an HP version of Windows is probably not the best solution.

Hopefully, since they have negated my solution, they will come along and help you out.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Where can i download the hp version of windows?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.