Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 2020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have seen that many people are not able to recover their computers by using HP cloud recovery tool.

they receive the message "The recovery attempt has failed select one of the following buttons" Save log, Details, Retry

should I proceed with this recovery method for my laptop? 

I have used the windows reset feature before to recover my laptop before since it was slow and was stuttering sometimes.

But sadly it did not solve my problem.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

All I can say is that if your notebook is supported by the HP cloud recovery tool and you need to reset it, give it a try.

I used the tool on two HP 255 G7 notebooks and it worked just fine.

I used it on a HP Stream 11 Pro G4 and got the same error--The recovery attempt has failed select one of the following buttons" Save log, Details, Retry.

I tried 'retry' unsuccessfully.  I decided to read the log.  It indicated that secure boot was disabled as a cause of the failure, so I enabled it and it still didn't work.

The worst case scenario is if nothing works you can always clean install W10 by making bootable installation media using the Microsoft media creation tool and then install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

That's what I did for the Stream Pro G4

HP Recommended

thank you for sharing this information.

just found out one of your laptop is an amd laptop which worked with hp cloud recovery while the intel one did not. maybe it happens to some intel laptops only?

If anyone else have any experiences with hp cloud recovery, please do share.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

It could just be bad luck.

This model has an Intel Core i7-9750H processor and the cloud recovery tool worked just fine.

(1) Solved: Re: drivers for my HP omen-dh0125nd - HP Support Community - 7933742

HP Recommended

did you use the same 32 GB pendrive for all the laptops? or did you use a different one for each?

HP Recommended

I used different 32 GB pen drives for both models.

I haven't tried to format the one for the Stream Pro G4 but I guess I should since it didn't work.

I can use the drive for something else.

I kept the one for the 255 G7's since it worked on both models, I would be able to use it again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.