Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 laptop pc

My HP laptop was reset and restarted and now it won’t download windows 10. The screen just displays the HP logo and says preparing and then an error comes up and says that windows can’t be installed to restart the computer and every time it restarts the same thing comes up. The error says the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected air windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows click OK to restart the computer and then restart the installation

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@01Nate007 

The term "downloading" means going to someplace on the Internet and transferring files to your PC.  This can only be done AFTER Windows is reinstalled and running.  So at this point, you are not likely NOT downloading anything.

You said the laptop was reset -- but we need to know the details of HOW that was done and WHY it was done -- so we have an idea of what kind of advice to provide you now.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.