01-19-2013 12:22 PM
The 100 GB Seagate internal hard drive recently died in my Compaq nx 7400 notebook. I don't seem to be able to purchase a new hard drive with less than 250 GB. Will that be compatable with the motherboard of my notebook?
01-19-2013 12:37 PM
The nx7300 & nx7400 series use SATA HDD therefore 250GB HDD (or larger) is ok but check and update BIOS before installing new HDD.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)