05-21-2016 11:09 AM
My Hp says this, what do I do ,??
Hp Battery alert
The system has detected the storage capacity of the battery stated below to be very low.
For optimal performance , this battery may need to be replaced
primary < internal > battery ( 601)
please help me me I work from home and no computer is not good lol.. Than you in advance
05-21-2016 11:31 AM
The error 'Primary (internal) Battery (601)' does indicate that your notebooks main battery ( not the cmos battery as the error tends to suggest ) is showing signs of wear and you may want to consider replacing it - the 601 error typically occurs when the storage capacity has fallen below 25% of its original value.
Further information on this can be found on the following HP document.
This is a warranty item, so if your notebook is still covered, contact HP and arrange to have it replaced - If needed, you can check your warranty status Here.
If you live in the US, contact HP Here.
If you are in another part of the world, start Here.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)