06-07-2013 05:59 AM
I just did the biggest mistake in my whole life. On my HP ElitePad 900 I had Windows 8. I wanted to delete anything, expect the OS. So I went to the settings, and on Windows 8 you got the option to remove all datas, but keep the OS. So I took this option.
Well, what I forgot, I had activate the HP Drive Encrytion (the thing that always came when I turned on my tablet). I thought it will go away when i delete the tools. (I didn't do that manually).
But I have never been so wrong.
Windows deleted all datas. That means, it deleted the protect tools too. But if I turn on my tablet, it still wants my password. And if I type it in, it still works.
BUT, I reinstalled the HP ProtectTools, I thought I can deactivate it there. But I was wrong. There is written, that the Volrume C: isn't encrypted.
And now I got a huge problem. Because I want that tools away, but how?
I got the password and everything else. But I can't do it away.
Please help me how to get that away.
I googled it so many times, but I couldn't find anybody with the same problem that I have.
Thanks for your help!
06-10-2013 09:11 AM
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)