05-11-2016 07:40 AM
05-11-2016 07:45 AM
Please explain in more detail what you are attempting to do when you see the error code.
Are you trying to perform an HP recovery for the notebook from the onboard HP Recovery Manager?
Did you create USB or DVD recovery media?
You can boot to recovery media to invoke the HP Recovery Manager and perform a recovery.
If your problem is solved or your question answered, please click the Accepted Solution button
I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
05-11-2016 08:39 AM
STOP: 0x0000007B or ERROR error code FFFFFF15
This issue occurs when Windows has lost access to the boot partition or system partition, typically the C drive on most installations. This issue can also occur when replacing the motherboard, and re-using the hard drive with the OS already installed.
Some older versions of Windows will show the description as "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE".
This is a fatal Windows error, typically called a Stop message, Bug Check, or more commonly the Blue Screen of Death (BSoD). The system is in a forced reboot state. Any unsaved work is likely lost.
Refer to https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/2673509 for details and a resolution.
I am an HP Employee
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)