12-09-2011 07:00 AM
I have the above laptop that came with Win 7 factory installed. Had to purchase a new hard drive and want to install XP instead, but it won't let me. Loads the preliminary stuff and then brings up the blue screen of death when XP is ready to start. I can load Win 7 or Linux on it just fine, but prefer XP.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
12-09-2011 08:06 AM - edited 12-09-2011 08:06 AM
Please read the two links below:
The first one is the general XP downgrade guide. The instructions to downgrade your model series can be found under the section labeled Moderate Models.
This guide below will help you get XP initially installed.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)